Thursday, May 7, 2015

How It Starts


 Hi All,
I'm a little late, but this is my story for the Mondays Finish the Story challenge. We're given the first sentence and a picture and asked to write a 100-150 word story.
Here's mine:
© 2015, Barbara W. Beacham
After losing her head, she realized that the rest of her body was falling apart. Not actually falling apart as much as being ripped apart.

Junior laughed and punched his horrified sister, Mindy as she cried, "You killed my doll."

"Shut up you little baby, or I'll hit you again."

Mindy cringed and backed away from her brother.

He picked up all of my pieces and took me to the woods outside the house. When he dug through the dirt, I saw something--a little yellow piece of fluff. Oh no. Mindy's cat. Poor Max. Junior delighted in killing everything Mindy loved.

When he grabbed my head, getting ready to toss it into the hole, my painted eyes widened. Another deep pit lay next to mine, empty and waiting. Oh dear--just the size of my poor little Mindy.


7 comments:

  1. This is an excellent take on the prompt and opening line! It captures the true dynamics of siblings that some families experience! Thank you for your participation in the Mondays Finish the Story challenge, and I hope that you return next week! The challenge runs from Monday to Sunday, so your post is not at all late. :) Be well... ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! He's some psycho! I hope he gets some help before he gets to Mindy. Excellent story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He is a sicko. I hope Mindy's able to get someone's attention. Parents often don't want to know until it's too late.

      Delete
  3. It always starts with the pets! Oh...what a brute. Really great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. I felt so sorry for little Max when I wrote this. Course, I was worried about Mindy, too.

      Delete