Thursday, July 12, 2012

I Believe. Do You?


Since I’ve begun writing about ghosts, people who had never mentioned any interest in the paranormal, have told me incredible stories. Friends, colleagues and students have enlightened me on the subject by describing their own encounters with the supernatural.

My initial response to stories about spirits is often skepticism. I’m afraid to believe they’re real. However, skepticism immediately morphs into acceptance. I know ghosts, spirits, or specters are real because I experienced the phenomenon in my own home. We had a wandering ghost who liked to walk down the stairs and open the door to the living room. I only experienced the activity once, but my mother heard him often. I say him because a friend of mine, who I discovered is a medium, said she saw a little old man. I also witnessed my dog standing at the door to an empty room, fur straight up on his back, as he furiously barked at nothing. 

Later, during my short career in Real Estate, I realized that some homes, even rooms, have a distinctly negative aura. When I’d show one of these houses, I’d find myself holding my breath and looking over my shoulder until I was able to leave. I don’t know why I felt that way. Perhaps it had nothing to do with evil or the supernatural but I didn’t want to stick around to find out. I was very glad to leave.

Stories about the occult fascinate me and give me great ideas for my work. If you’ve had a strange or scary experience with the spirit world, I’d love to hear about it. Leave me a comment or email me at novatrek2@gmail.com

Margo

No comments:

Post a Comment